February 26, 2009
Things I Hate...
...my kids being sick. On Tuesday Chase work up at 4:30 a.m. with a fever but fell right back to sleep. I didn't think much of it because he had been teething last week (he has two new teeth on top). He then woke up at 8:30 with a fever still and was so grumpy. He didn't want to eat anything and I got him a bottle and just held him and played with him on the floor. By the afternoon he was bored and I couldn't entertain him much longer so we ran some errands and picked up Kelsie from school. When we got home his fever was so high and wasn't feeling well at all. He just wasn't himself. He didn't even smile or move when we got Kelsie from school, he just sat in his car seat with tears running down his cheek. I called the doctor and brought him in immediately. They checked him out and his temperature was 102. They checked his ears and they were ok, tested him for strep, which was negative and listened to his breathing. He had been having short heavy labored breathing all day. They couldn't say if he had RSV for sure because you have to be tested at the hospital for that and he wasn't wheezing yet. But he was prescribed some antibiotics as if he did have it, and placed him on a nebulizer to help with whatever was infecting his lungs. I brought Chase back home and went to pick up his prescriptions. When I got back John had called our home teacher to help give Chase a blessing. His fever didn't break until the next morning and we've had a couple of long nights. We give Chase his treatment every 6 hours and his breathing is starting to sound a little better. He still will not eat and wants to be held constantly but I don't mind, how can you resist holding this precious little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment